How to use Presto card on bus
How to use Presto card on bus – Hello buddies, the context which you are going to read will lead you to know about the Presto card. Presto cards can be used on the bus or can be used by someone another, all these types of question’s answers you will get in the following context. So, please read this context respectfully.
What is Presto Card?
The Presto card is a contactless smart card used for payment on public transit systems in Ontario, Canada, including the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), GO Transit, and other regional transit systems. It was introduced in 2009 as a way to replace traditional paper tickets and passes with a more modern and efficient payment method.
The Presto card is reloadable and can be used to pay for fares on buses, subways, and trains. It works by tapping the card on a reader at the beginning and end of each trip. The fare is automatically deducted from the balance on the card, which can be topped up at any time using cash, credit card, or debit card at designated reload locations or online.
The Presto card is designed to be more convenient and efficient than traditional paper tickets and passes. It eliminates the need for exact change, reduces the time spent waiting in line for tickets, and provides a more seamless and integrated payment system across multiple transit systems.
How to use Presto card on the bus?
- Make sure you have enough funds on your Presto card to pay for your fare. You can check your balance by tapping your card on a Presto reader or by checking your balance online.
- Board the bus through the front doors and approach the Presto reader located near the driver.
- Tap your Presto card on the reader. You will hear a beep and see a green light indicating that your card has been accepted.
- If you have a monthly pass loaded onto your Presto card, you do not need to tap your card each time you board the bus. Simply show your card to the driver and proceed to your seat.
- If you are transferring to another bus or subway line, make sure to tap your Presto card on a reader before boarding the next vehicle to ensure that you are charged the correct fare.
- When you exit the bus, tap your Presto card on the reader located near the back door. This will ensure that you are charged the correct fare based on the distance you have travelled.
Can I use Presto immediately?
If you have just obtained a new Presto card, you can use it immediately after you load funds onto it. You can do this by visiting a self-serve reload machine or customer service outlet, or by setting up an online account and adding funds online.
Once you have added funds to your Presto card, you can use it immediately on public transit systems that accept Presto as a form of payment. Just tap your card on the reader as you board the vehicle and the fare will be automatically deducted from your balance.
However, if you are transferring between transit systems, such as from the TTC to GO Transit, it may take up to 24 hours for the transfer to be recognized by the Presto system. In this case, it’s best to wait until the next day to use your Presto card for a transfer.
Is it cheaper to use the Presto card?
Paying for public transport with a Presto card is frequently less expensive than doing so with cash or tokens. For instance, the Presto cost in Toronto is $3.10 while the cash fare for a single ride on the TTC is $3.25. Even though the difference initially seems negligible, over time it can add up, especially for frequent users or people who commute every day by transit.
Additionally, some public transport systems provide Presto card users with discounts or reduced fares. For instance, in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA), using a Presto card enables users to benefit from the TTC’s two-hour transfer policy, which enables customers to take as many rides as they want for the cost of a single fare within two hours of their initial tap.
Users of Presto cards can also benefit from additional savings, including discounted monthly passes and senior, student, and child rates. Overall, if you ride the bus or train regularly or for your daily commute, utilising a Presto card can help you save money on your transportation costs.